A. NCAA. rules will apply except as noted.
- Players MUST have minimum 1/4 Filipino ethnicity. No limit in how many Filipinos can play at
- Southeast Asian is allowed, including Chinese,
Japanese & Korean. All players must be minimum ½ (Chinese, Japanese,
Korean, Vietnamese, Thailand, Malaysian, Cambodian, Guamanian, etc.)
- 2 Southeast Asian players and only one player over
(6’-0”) can play at a time during game.
- Sufficient proof such as birth certificate and driver
license must be submitted. Original
documentation will be required. Illegible copies will not be accepted. The burden of proof is on the team to prove
your player’s ethnicity.
- Any player who does not comply with the above
requirements will not be allowed to play.
- Team must submit new players’ identification
(photocopy will be accepted) ONE WEEK
before the start of the league. New Players identification must bring the
original copy at the start of the league. Please see Appendix A for
Guidelines of Proving Ethnicity.
- All new players (including Filipinos) on the league
must show proof of ethnicity. If birth
certificate does not show ethnicity, the player relatives (Parents or
Grandparents) could provide proof of Ethnicity as well. No verbal proof is
acceptable. Final decision is from the
- New players will be check for ethnicity whether it’s
someone’s relative (Parents, Grandparents, Uncle, Aunt, Brother, Friends and
- The last day
for new players to show original documents proof of ethnicity will be on the 2nd
game of the League. The committee will designate
what time on the 2nd league game to show up with proof. If a new player failed to provide the proper
documentation to the committee and he plays in the first game, the team will
forfeit Game 1.
- New players
must play within the first 4 league games or they cannot participate in the
C. TEAM ROSTER
- Each team can have a maximum of 15 players per team
plus the coaches.
- No person is allowed in the bench who is not designated
as a coach or player. Everyone in the bench must have uniforms except
for the coach. This is an automatic technical.
- Final Team Roster must be submitted a WEEK
before the start of the league. There
will be no replacement players once the first games of the league begin. Please
see Appendix B for Team Roster Form.
- Line ups must be submitted to the scorekeeper ten (10)
minutes prior to game time. If a team does not turn in the scorebook (complete
name, number & team name), it will be given an automatic technical foul and
the opposing team will be awarded two free throws. If a team thinks that it cannot produce a
score sheet card prior to its game, the team must notify the league committee or
pay the league $5 for score sheet preparation.
D TEAM JERSEY
- It is
required that members of all teams have Jerseys or reversable jersey (preferred) of different color, with
six (6) inch numbers on front and back.
Short pockets are allowed
greater than any double digit as well as special characters such punctuation
marks or any other characters (i.e. @, #, $, %, &, etc) are prohibited from
being represented as jersey numbers.
numbers front and back. A PLAYER
CANNOT PLAY IF HE HAS NO JERSEYS NUMBERS.
- No Jewelries or any other personal accessories are allowed
to be worn during the game.
E LEAGUE PLAY
- Game consists of two 20-minute halves
Regular Games, Game Clock will only stop final 2 minutes of the 2nd
half; occurrence of an injury and Officials time out. During the play-offs, Game Clock will
stop on time-outs, final 2 minutes of the 2nd half; occurrence of an injury and
Officials time out.
- Clock will not stop on the final 2 minute, if a team
has a 20 point lead.
- Clock will not stop on the final 1 minute, if a team
has a 15 point lead.
- During game play in which the losing team are
committing excessive fouls in the final seconds and does not have a chance to
catch up, the referee or the committee can call the game over.
- Each team is allowed 2 timeouts per half and only 1
timeout can be carried to the next half if both timeouts in the first half were
not used. No timeout can be carried over
on overtime, each team will be given 1 timeout.
- If the team does not have a timeout, the team is given
a technical foul.
- Last 2 minutes of the game, the team can call a
timeout and either team has the option of inbounding the ball at mid
- When a free throw is not successful and the ball is to
remain live, the game clock starts when the ball is legally touched by or
touches a player on the playing court. (Final 2 minutes or time is suspended). This is the same in an inbound play.
- The team fans or other fans are not allowed to sit
behind the bench of the teams playing.
The only persons allowed are the players and coaches. This is an automatic Technical (Coaches or
team captain is responsible to abide by this rules).
- Players must
play a minimum of 4 games in order to be eligible to play in the playoffs.
F FORFEIT POLICY
- Any team failing to appear 7 minutes after the game
starts or have less than four (4) players for league play. Opposing team gets 2
- Team must
have 5 players by the 1st half to continue game.
- If an ineligible player is found to have participated.
- If a player is ejected and does not leave the gym
within one (1) minute.
G PLAYOFF SEEDING
- Playoff seeding is based on the best record.
- If there are two teams tied with the same record, the
head-to-head between the two teams will be considered.
- If there are more than 2 teams tied with the same
record, the head to head system will be reviewed first followed by the point
system. Points are only counted between
the teams that are tied and not the whole league play.
- First overtime will be a 2-minute running time for
league games. There will be jump ball.
- Second overtime will be sudden death for league games. There will be jump ball and first team to
score wins game.
- Playoffs: The first
overtime will have a 3-minute game time to be played to determine the winner. Succeeding
overtimes will only have 2-minutes to play.
- Playoff-Clock will stop on time out, final 1 minute
and Official time out.
- Members of the committee can approach the team coach
during game time to warn them to control the team or a player. It is the responsibility of the coach to tell
the team or player to cool off.
- Physical or verbal threats or excessive profanity directed towards officials or opposing
team member. (Suspension/ discretion of committee for permanent
disqualification from league)
- Players and coaches who leave the bench to get involved
in any heated arguments or fighting in the court will be suspended.
- Fighting will not be tolerated; any player or coach
who gets involve in a fracas will be suspended for the rest of the League and
the consecutive years of the League.
- A player with a second (2) suspension will not be
allowed to play the rest of the League.
- The commissioner or members of committee will be
watching for player or Coaches who is abusive verbally, shows excessive
profanity or physically tries to hurt a player.
They will bring it up to the committee and decide whether to give
warning, suspend for one (1) game or remainder of the League and the
consecutive year league.
- If a player is ejected in the game due to either
unsportsmanlike conduct (after obtaining 2 technical fouls) or any other
reason, he is automatically suspended in the next game and has to pay a fine of
$25.00 to the League. He won’t be allowed to play again after his
suspension unless he pays the fine. (See rule 7. Disqualified for other
J. TECHNICAL FOULS
- Offended team
will be awarded with 2 free throws and ball possession will be based at the
point of interruption. The technical
foul free throws will be administer first prior to another call. An exception to this rule will be enforced on
flagrant fouls. On Flagrant fouls, the
offended team will get 2 free throws plus ball possession.
- Any player who is
called for a second technical foul will be ejected from the game and has to
leave the premises of the gym. He has one (1) minute to leave the gym.
- Referee has Final
- Any abusive verbal comments or profanity directed towards any officials
is an automatic Technical Foul. Any
player who touches a referee which resulted from a call will be automatically
assessed with a Technical Foul.
K. OTHER RULES
- Team designated to be the committee for the week that
does not show up or stay for all games, will be suspended for the next games
and a fine of $25.00.
- If a team does not show up on
game time, the team cannot play the next game until a fine of $25.00 is paid.
- Teams needs to show up for all
league meetings or a fine for $10.
- Teams that will advance to the Final Four will
have to pay additional referee fees so that the 3rd place and
championship games will have three (3) officials.
- New players must play two seasons for the team. Except if the team or team coach does not
exist for the next season.
- A team cannot
pick up more than one player from an opposing team. Except with the permission of the
representative of the opposing team.
- Cannot have more than 2 out of town players
- Referee, Commissioner,
or Committee can call a player from play and sit for (3) minutes for
PROFANITY will be allowed in any games. The referee will have an option to give
a warning or an automatic technical to a player or coach. The opposing team will be awarded with 2 free throws
and ball possession will be based at the point of interruption.
- The committee of the day or the commissioner of the
day can give a warning or an automatic technical foul for any profanity shown
during the game.
GUIDELINES FOR PROVING ETHNICITY
players participating in the Filipino Basketball League MUST bring the
items listed below in order to prove their ethnicity:
A For Natural born Filipinos and Naturalized
- Driver’s License
- Birth Certificate
- Approved Report of Birth from Philippine Consul (For
American citizen born to both Filipino Parents)
B For ½ Filipinos
- Driver’s License
- Birth Certificate showing one of the parents being
- Marriage License of Parents which shows either parents
C or ¼ Filipinos
- Driver’s License
- Birth Certificate showing one of the parents being ½
- Marriage License of grandparents which shows either
grandparents being Filipino.
D For any Asian and
- Please B above.